Slovak association for passive fire protection
What we want and what we do?
SAPFP aims at reaching its goals utilising the following tools and actions:
- Representation of interests of fire protection component producers and installers in order to reach and maintain a high level of systems quality and operability;
- Promotion of best practices in fire safety building design and fire safety engineering;
- Promotion of European principles of voluntariness, transparency, and independence of technical standardisation;
- Contribution to legislation and normative documents in the field of the association competence;
- Support to surveillance authorities in the areas of fire protection and construction products;
- Informing professional public and education support;
- Fire safety science, research, and development.
In the absence of responsibilities for correct implementation of fire prevention and fire protection measures in buildings, SLOVAK ASSOCIATION FOR PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION (SAPFP) was established in the autumn of 2006 as an initiative of four representatives of fire protection, electric, and fire testing industries: Viliam Fusek, František Gilian, Miroslav Smolka and Štefan Rástocký.
Since 2015, SAPFP is the full member in the European Association for Passive Fire Protection (EAPFP) where our vicepresident has been elected as a member of the presidential team.